If there is something you really want in your life such as wealth, love or a healthier body and you’ve tried all the things you know to do to manifest it, but after a long period of time, it still remains elusive, then consider this; The process of getting what you want is knowing the qualities you would feel if you already had the wealth, love or health you desire.
What does that mean? It means getting really clear about the higher qualities of having a life that includes what you want. For example, what qualities would having wealth bring to your life? Peace, security, adventure? What qualities would having a mate bring to your life? Belonging, connectedness, love? What qualities would having a healthier body bring to your life? Confidence, fun, self-love?
The other thing to consider are the deeper needs you feel the wealth, love or health would fulfill for you. For example, would having wealth allow you to spend more quality time with your family or give you the time to express your creativity? Would having a mate satisfy your need to have someone in your life who you could share your love for travel and adventure with? Would being in a healthier body give you the confidence and energy to change careers?
You get the idea! Bringing into the picture the higher qualities you wish to experience and the deeper needs you wish to fulfill is going to be more powerful than just focusing on the desire itself. The process of getting there is the process of being there!
Here is a 6 step process for creative visualization using qualities and needs to guide you:
1. Imagine feeling the qualities you would experience if you had what you desired. What do they feel like? Can you bring them into your body? Do you notice any changes in your body when you do?
2. Pick a future situation you can see yourself in if your desire manifested and you would be expressing these qualities. Who is there?, What are you wearing?, What is the setting? Keep going until you have all the details in place.
3. Next, is this picture bright or dim? If it is dim, give it some light. Imagine turning up a dimmer switch and flooding your vision with light! As you turn up the light and energy, notice how your feelings expand these higher qualities!
4. Now make the picture even more real by stepping into it. Add all the senses. Add pleasing sounds, voices (what are they saying?), music. Make the colors intense. Feel the objects around you. Smell the smells. The more vivid the picture the better!
5. When you are ready, let the scene slowly fade. Bask in the higher vibrations for as long as you like. Then, open your eyes. Take a deep breath and bring your full attention back into the present.
6. Go about the rest of your day experiencing as much as you can the qualities you wish to continue to experience. Feel peaceful, feel connected, feel confident, feel adventurous, feel generous. Feel love and beloved.
Also, begin to satisfying some of your deeper needs with what you have now. Find ways to have inexpensive adventures, spend a little more quality time with your family and friends, take good care of yourself and love yourself. Go to self-esteem classes.
Debra Betterly, PhD is an Integrative Wellness & Life Coach and Metaphysician whose passion is to help women expand their health, joy and purpose in midlife and beyond.
You can join her free Midlife Mastery “Inner Circle” and receive your free gifts HERE
Her free “10 Day Whole Person Detox Challenge” is offered as a body, mind, Spirit approach to holistic health. Learn more HERE